Saturday, December 29, 2012

"Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful, beautiful Boy"

Dear Zion,

     Happy Birthday my big three year old boy!  I can't believe it has been three whole years since I first laid eyes on your handsome little face.
     I looked back over the photos we took of you throughout this past year and was reminded of how very grateful I am for your life.  You came into this world "fighting" and strong.  You have proved every day of your life so far that you will live up to the very large and strong name that we gave you.
     You my son are the definition of a "strong willed child."  This photo shows one of your first timeouts. You were so determined not to sit down or stand on your timeout matt.  For over an hour and a half you refused to do so.  You got so tired that you began to fall asleep standing up!  Yes, my "little soldier", you are a force to be reckoned with!  However, as the year has progressed so has your compliance.  We have grown as parents in the area of discipline and you have learned to "choose your battles" a little more wisely.
As challenging as you are at times, I could not be more grateful for your strength and resolve.  I truly believe it will be one of your greatest strengths someday.  But for now, I believe that stop sign and you will have quite a few more bonding moments in your future.

     One of your most favorite people in the whole wide world is your big sister Lily.  You both have developed such a deep love for one another.  However, as you have gotten older this year you have grown much more able to get into your sisters business.  This has come with a price and it's not uncommon to have full blown "sibling rivalry" moments scattered throughout our day.  After the dust settles and kisses, hugs and apologies are dulled out you both return to being each others biggest fans.

     You are also a "Daddy's boy" through and through!  You absolutely LOVE your Dad and enjoy spending time working at your "workbench" creating things together. You look forward to your "Daddy days" (the days mommy goes to work) every week.  One of your favorite places to be is "cuddling" with your Daddy.

One of your biggest accomplishments this year is that you are fully potty trained!  It took much longer, 6 months to be exact, but success was finally yours!!!  You are so proud of yourself and love that you finally get to wear "big boy chonnies" all the time!  Mommy and Daddy are super excited to have the $80 bucks back in the monthly budget as well!


Some more fun and "firsts"....
You and "your Rah Rah"


"You so Crae Crae" (Thanks Rox)


 Our Mighty Dragon Slayer

Can you "wink like an owl hiding in a tree?" (a line from one of your favorite books)

You are so "Rock n Roll"


 You love to fly kites

 You love your BFF "Grady"
 Such a handsome little man!
 Our little "structural engineer"
 You loves you some "Nuffins"...AKA doughnuts
First time eating cotton candy! You weren't sure at first and actually threw it on the ground!
First trip to Disneyland

You had an amazing time and were such a trooper!
First time putting the star on the tree!


Always making us laugh!


     It is hard to to explain my deep love for you my son.  There are moments when I am so overwhelmed by this love it literally takes my breath away. Moments like when we are cuddling in bed on a slow Saturday morning.  I pull you close, so close that I can feel your heartbeat and smell your sweet stinky breath and I am overwhelmed by a love that I can only explain as intoxicating. 
    You are one of the most amazing gifts a mother could ask for and I am so very grateful God chose me to be your mommy.  Happy Third Birthday my "beautiful, beautiful, beautiful, beautiful boy!"
                                                                                 All my love,
                                                                                    Mommy


   

No comments: